Sunday, August 17, 2014

Horse riding in Canggu, Bali


My horsey named Meadow

Watermelon farm 





Horse riding wasn't something that I would expect us to be able to do in Bali, but because my sister insisted on trying it out, we went to Kuda P and had an amazing time! I honestly thought it would be kind of lame because when I think of horse riding, I think of sitting on a sad little pony and walking around in a tiny stable at the zoo. Instead, we got to ride along the road, beautiful rice paddy fields and even the beach in Canggu! Canggu is such a beautiful and serene area in Bali where it's much quieter than the touristy areas like Seminyak and Kuta. My horse, Meadow, was very playful and adorable. He always tried to run too quickly (which caused me to bounce a lot in a very awkward manner) and made me laugh when he tried to bite off banana leaves along the road and had a tendency to bite his friend. One thing that weirded me out was how big horses teeth are. They look really strange.

The best part was riding along the black sand beach in Canggu and being on a horse for the first time. Riding a horse isn't that easy and cool like we see in shows and I really had to grip on tight and sort of bounce along whenever Meadow ran too fast.

It was a lovely experience and I thought that Kuda P did a really good job. Our guide was really enthusiastic in photo taking and took beautiful photos of us and told us a lot about the horses. We did the 2 hour long ride (600 000 rp) and it included pick up and return ride from our hotel to the stables and they provided us drinks and yummy goreng pisang (friend banana) after our ride. Even though it was kind of expensive, it was worth going for at least once especially if you always wanted to ride a horse in a beautiful area. This video (0:53) shows more of our horse riding experience!

No comments:

valyhly . All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.