Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Backpacking Vietnam: Day 6- Canyonning in Dalat








Canyonning in Dalat with Viet Challenge was one crazy experience! We abseiled down waterfalls, leaped off 11m high rocks where I unfortunately face planted (ouch) because my mind went completely blank and forgot our guides instructions of keeping arms and legs straight as my body hurtled towards the water. We also had some slidey slide action upside down on rock slides and had to wade and float through water to get to the next stop. At the end of it, we had to climb up a crazy amount of stairs which had me winded and exhausted. 

Viet Challenge was a really good tour group to go with because they even had a photographer who remembered you and your camera and helped to take photos which I thought was really nice. They even helped to secure my gopro on my helmet by tying it on and clipping it to the helmet. Although this other guy lost his gopro when he was fiddling with it (he attached to his life jacket). 

Because I was such a klutz, I managed to attain numerous bruises and scratches and a giant lumpy bruise appeared on my shin when I knocked it into some rocks as I waded in the water. It was really hard to avoid it cause you can't see the rocks through the murky water. Abseiling down huge waterfalls made me really nervous at the start but it was actually really fun and exciting! I wouldn't do it again though, because those stairs at the end are so not worth it. 

No comments:

valyhly . All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.